Finding a parking space away from home is an up-and-coming problem that has gripped the masses. Count of cars has increased with increasing population and this has caused scarcity of space. Finding a free parking area has become a nightmare. This has called for the need to have smart parking systems to save in case one is late for the office or have to attend a meeting; likewise.
Usually people are anxious about these things each time they are travelling:
Of all the problems associated with limited parking, struggling to find a parking slot while going out of town can be most frustrating. No one actually wants to walk a mile or more to reach the destination.
This problem has been escalating as the economy gets better with each passing day. As every individual wants to own a car, the problem of free or paid parking space persists and is not heading towards a resolution anytime soon. This calls for increased competition to find a parking spot at a reasonable price.
The sensitivity of the quantity or service demanded with respect to changes in another outside factor like price definitely influences a firm’s pricing decisions. A business owner will opt for the type of parking app as demanded by the users. This is irrespective of the dozens of available applications. Parking apps can be divided into three main categories:
Mobile app development firms consider all these 7 features while designing parking space finder apps customized for iOS and Android platforms.
1. Easy search: Searching must be easy. The app must ease out the reservations for the parking slots, thus making it easier for the users to go straight to their parking slots instead of wasting time in searching for one.
2. GPS: Parking slot locator app must be enabled with GPS to guide users with routes and directions.
3. Street Parking Alerts: Along with the GPS, if the parking finder apps as well have street parking alerts, that will help users to get indicated about metered parking, no parking, street signs etc.
4. Price Comparison is Easy: Parking locator apps inform about the parking price to the users in advance and compare the most economical price at the nearest destination.
5. Ease of Booking: Parking spot finder apps will enable users to book a parking slot on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. This eases the users to enable them parking slots do not have to be reserved each time.
6. Easy Payment Options: Use of parking apps eases the payment process and users can as well enjoy the sense of security. Having multiple methods of payment, including cash, keeps the users free.
7. Multi-Lingual: Featuring the app in multiple languages enables varied users to enjoy the benefits of parking slot finder apps.
1. GPS: This feature is very important for finding the route, directions and exact parking location. This eventually helps in saving users’ time. It also combines Google Maps and Mapkit for Android and iOS apps for navigation.
2. Push Notifications: This is one of the prominent features for user engagement. This is as well important for informing users about new features, discounts, promo codes and other app updates that must be executed to every user through the app.
3. Map Searching: Maps help in finding the exact parking spot and the best way to reach home.
4. Rate Card: This feature of the parking app will enable the users to estimate the prevalent parking charges that might also vary according to the location and time of the day. Users can make an informed choice based on their preferences.
5. In-App Communication: A facility to chat with driver, customer, admin and customer support representatives within the app adds to the advantages of the app.
6. Heat Map View: This feature will allow the users to find out the busiest route or busiest slot in addition to parking availability of particular slots.
7. Multiple Cities And Places: This feature is helpful in finding parking slots availability in multiple places is an added advantage for the users.
Parking lot apps make it easy to locate vacant spots. It is easy to find multi-space parking. This relieves one from the annoyance of double parking hazards or already filled slots (in case the app is working right). Parking lots have their own set of rules. These might charge an hourly, weekly or monthly basis plus some additional ad-hoc charges. Parking apps just resolve all of this, with advance or cash payments that are decided in advance.
Normally a car costs less than a generalized parking space. We buy a house along with a parking space, but often we have to travel within the city or outstation and search all over again for the parking space. This not only becomes scary sometimes as we can’t give away our cars due to lack of parking space! With limited space, emerging population and simultaneously increasing parking needs, parking finder apps come to rescue with some suitable solutions. Working on business models of car-hailing services, these run on commissions, reward points, referrals, and premium memberships. Solving the practical problems that users face daily, parking slot finder apps have:
In the last 5 years companies like Streetline (now controlled by Austria’s KapschTrafficCom AG), SpotHero and Luxe have raised around $157 million venture capital money by custom parking app development. The task to develop an expensive on-demand parking space mobile app development program without heavily taxing cash resources, investing in technology, investing in parking spaces, negotiating with parking lot owners and finally steer customers to favored lots can be daunting. We’re here with accurate solutions applicable to your needs. If you have questions, talk to one of our experts today!
Neeti got her master's degree in software engineering in 2009 and has been working since for software companies of all sizes as a technical writer. What started as a high school passion has now been converted into a serious profession. She has a special knack of learning from all verticals and imbibing the extracts into her writing. She enjoys learning technical aspects of writing from her tasks where her experience and understanding are most impactful.